Did you know, from the ancient Greeks, Egyptians and throughout the Roman Empire, Chamomile was prized for its numerous health-boosting benefits: helping in fighting cancer, promoting sleep, soothing stomach aches, internal antibacterial, anti-inflammatory effects plus much more! Here’s a fantastic recipe for ‘Lavender Mint Chamomile Iced Tea’ and if you make this tea at home, we would love to see a picture! If you are into reading more about Healing Teas, check out the book "Healing Teas: A Practical Guide to the Medicinal Teas of the World from Chamomile to Garlic, from Essiac to Kombucha”.
“Lavender Mint Chamomile Iced Tea” Recipe
- Favorite Tea Cup or Mug
- Filtered water (the better the water, the better your tea will taste!)
- Tea Ball or similar Steeping Accessory
- 1 Teaspoon Culinary Lavender (dried)
- 1 Tablespoon Chamomile Tea
- 3 Mint leaves (fresh)
- Some Fresh Lavender Sprigs (for garnish)
- Some Fresh Mint Sprigs (for garnish)
- Fill tea ball, tea bag or similar steeping accessory with Chamomile Tea, Culinary Lavender (dried) and 3 Fresh Mint Leaves.
- Pour 8 oz of filtered water at 175F (80C) over Herbal Tea.
- Steep for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Let tea cool, pour over ice.
- Garnish with a Sprig of Fresh Lavender and Mint.
- 4 to 5 minutes.
- 8 oz of Wellness!
- Can be served as a Cold Brew or a Hot Brew.
Using a French Press allows you to make a larger quantity of Herbal Tea which can be served with guests or stored in a separate container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
~Rex Theater Tea Co.